2021 Sorento failed transmission

Onkelmike

Reaction score
Our 2021 Sorento is currently at the dealership with a failed transmission at less than 6000 miles. It will suddenly and without warning shift to neutral, causing engine to rev and car to slow.
Please report all Sorento transmission issues to NHTSA, these are dangerous vehicles.

G

G-646353

Interesting. I have been looking to buy one What are any other issues? Is it a comfortable luxury to drive otherwise?

soren

Reaction score
Our 2021 Sorento is currently at the dealership with a failed transmission at less than 6000 miles. It will suddenly and without warning shift to neutral, causing engine to rev and car to slow.
Please report all Sorento transmission issues to NHTSA, these are dangerous vehicles.
Thanks for the heads up, I have the 2021 and the transmission is starting to make weird loud noises when coming to a stop and I have 1500k on it.

wyghtlyon

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, I have the 2021 and the transmission is starting to make weird loud noises when coming to a stop and I have 1500k on it.
Update? Were you able to resolve the issue?

wyghtlyon

Reaction score
Update? Were you able to resolve the issue?

G

G-262559

The vehicle is still at the dealership, they have supposedly finally replaced the transmission. We are currently in the middle of a buyback and it’s just as frustrating as everything else with Kia has been. Kia is a horrible company that builds garbage vehicles.

Onkelmike

Reaction score
Kia has now had our vehicle longer than we have. We are currently in the middle of a buyback that’s just as frustrating as everything else with Kia. Kia is a horrible company that builds garbage vehicles.

TammyG39

Reaction score
Omg mine just failed too! Dropped it at the dealership as it wouldn't move! It shifted into gear but no power. 24k miles, I am so beyond livid. Did you get diagnostic code P1C2D03 ?? I can't find anything about this code.

Also how do I report this to get attention for the problems that should NOT be happening for vehicles this new!

Onkelmike

Reaction score
Omg mine just failed too! Dropped it at the dealership as it wouldn't move! It shifted into gear but no power. 24k miles, I am so beyond livid. Did you get diagnostic code P1C2D03 ?? I can't find anything about this code.

Also how do I report this to get attention for the problems that should NOT be happening for vehicles this new!
Good luck. Took them 3 months to replace our transmission and then another 3 months to complete the buyback. It was a horrible experience all the way around.

TammyG39

Reaction score
Good luck. Took them 3 months to replace our transmission and then another 3 months to complete the buyback. It was a horrible experience all the way around.
Buy back isn't an option here at this point, it's been over a year🥺

TammyG39

Reaction score
Buy back isn't an option here at this point, it's been over a year🥺
Well they say it should only take A week to get a transmission... despite what everyone stated, so we will see. I did get a loaner today, a 2022 sorento, with 11 miles on it. Let's see if it lasts until mine is fixed 🤞