Bad engine with Sorento

Welcome to the one and only Sorento forum!

Feel free to post as a guest. But we'd love it if you joined us!

G

G-389242

2011 Sorrento with 17000 miles and all at once the bottom of the engine is knocking. We kept all device service up and all at once the engine starts knocking . The Kia long block lifetime warranty doesn’t apply to my vehicle, according to the dealership I bought it from so 27,000 and ten years later I own a boat anchor I’m really disappointed thought Kia had upped their game -guess I was wrong hope y’all have better luck with your product than me

G

G-335903

2011 Sorrento with 17000 miles and all at once the bottom of the engine is knocking. We kept all device service up and all at once the engine starts knocking . The Kia long block lifetime warranty doesn’t apply to my vehicle, according to the dealership I bought it from so 27,000 and ten years later I own a boat anchor I’m really disappointed thought Kia had upped their game -guess I was wrong hope y’all have better luck with your product than me
We have a certified 2012 sorrento ex v6 with 120,000 miles. We have always serviced it but it still runs great.
we just bought a certified 2016 Sorrento Sxl with 40,000 miles a few months ago. It was in mint condition. It only had 1 year bumper to bumper warranty so we bought 4 years so that we would have the full balance of the 10 year warranty. The 2016 does get better gas mileage then the 2012 ex. We are very happy with the Kia Sorrento.

Buyile

My 2011 engine also cooked after my 220000 service. I bought a replacement engine from Korea, engine runs well but hey it leaks atf, i changed all tbe seals inbthe gearbox but still leaks. D4HB enginge kia sorentos are disappointing