DBL (Dynamic Bending Lights)

mulcahy14

Reaction score
Hey folks, in case you didn't know beginning in 2017, Kia (and Hyundai) started adding a safety feature called DBL, or Dynamic Bending Lights, to its offerings. I noticed this feature on my 2017 Sorento SXL and found out that it will eventually (who know how long) will be added to most cars over time as a safety feature. The odd thing is this doesn't appear anywhere in the owners manual. I spoke with my dealer and took it from there. Just thought some of you might want to know.

Sjkearn207

Reaction score
Hey folks, in case you didn't know beginning in 2017, Kia (and Hyundai) started adding a safety feature called DBL, or Dynamic Bending Lights, to its offerings. I noticed this feature on my 2017 Sorento SXL and found out that it will eventually (who know how long) will be added to most cars over time as a safety feature. The odd thing is this doesn't appear anywhere in the owners manual. I spoke with my dealer and took it from there. Just thought some of you might want to know.
What does this mean?

G

G-476549

The headlight will move in sync with the steering as you turn and illuminate the road you are taking. You can verify that you have them when you turn on the headlights you will see movement in the beams until they settle to their operating position. They are pretty cool.

AlhambraKia

Reaction score
Do Not Purchase this vehicle! I purchased a 2021 Sorento X-Line from Kia of Alhambra. It was brand new and the engine malfunctioned just after a couple hundred miles.
Kia of Alhambra won't even speak with me. Zero response to calls, messages, text messages, and e-mails for nearly a month. A different Kia dealership made a fix, but there is no telling if the fix is permanent as an adhesive was applied to connect electrical circuits in the engine. IN THE ENGINE! Now the company is pressuring me to simply take the car back knowing it is not safe. Don't buy a Kia, especially from Kia of Alhambra! Protect yourself and your family and stay away from Kia Motors.

RR_1587

Reaction score
Do Not Purchase this vehicle! I purchased a 2021 Sorento X-Line from Kia of Alhambra. It was brand new and the engine malfunctioned just after a couple hundred miles.
Kia of Alhambra won't even speak with me. Zero response to calls, messages, text messages, and e-mails for nearly a month. A different Kia dealership made a fix, but there is no telling if the fix is permanent as an adhesive was applied to connect electrical circuits in the engine. IN THE ENGINE! Now the company is pressuring me to simply take the car back knowing it is not safe. Don't buy a Kia, especially from Kia of Alhambra! Protect yourself and your family and stay away from Kia Motors.

sorry about your negative experience. I understand this can be frustrating especially since your car is brand new. I wouldn't say its fair though to completely bash Kia as a whole. To me, this sounds like a dealership problem. Perhaps maybe you can take this up with Kia corporate?