Rough Shifting 2021 Sorento SX Model x

mobihome

Reaction score
Just bought a 2021 Sorento SX Model X. I am coming from an Acura MDX 2019 and the Sorento seems to have jerky shifts compared to the Acura MDX. Not a big fan of this transmission so far. I remember on the Acura there was a time when the shifting seemed rough and not smooth and they did an update at Acura service and it fixed it. Does anyone else notice this rough/jerky shifting on the new 2021 Sorento??

2020MN

Reaction score
My 2020 EX has shifted rough ever since I bought it. The dealer reprogrammed the transmission a couple of months ago, and no change. I drive in Smart mode all the time thinking that the shifting will improve-nothing yet.

dans

Reaction score
Just bought a 2021 Sorento SX Model X. I am coming from an Acura MDX 2019 and the Sorento seems to have jerky shifts compared to the Acura MDX. Not a big fan of this transmission so far. I remember on the Acura there was a time when the shifting seemed rough and not smooth and they did an update at Acura service and it fixed it. Does anyone else notice this rough/jerky shifting on the new 2021 Sorento??
Yes. That rough shift is beautiful. You have a dual clutch transmission … not a slushbox like in your Acura. I came from a 2019 Lexus RX-350 … also with a granny-tranny.

Doug722

Reaction score
My 2021 sx shifts great. It shifts even better then our 2019 niro ex premium hybrid.

wyghtlyon

Reaction score
Update? Were you able to resolve the issue?