Sorento or Telluride for you?

Is your next vehicle going to be a Sorento or a Telluride?

• Sorento

• Telluride

• Something else

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sorento Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that the Telluride is here, are you leaning more toward the larger mid-sizer? Or are you sticking with the Sorento? Vote!

gunrunner

Reaction score
Sorento, my 2-car garage is just that, a 2-car garage! The Telluride at 8" longer and 4" wider was too large with the stuff at the front of the garage.

68wooley

Reaction score
Went shopping for a Telluride 10 days ago to replace our 2016 Sorrento. Came home with this instead because:

A. It was available (it arrived at the dealer that morning).
B. The Sorrento is a better size for our needs.
C. The new 2.5T engine and DCT transmission are (thus far) awesome. Way more responsive than either the Telluride or the prior 3.3 V6
D. It was $6K less than the Telluride spec we would have wanted.

Only downside is some of KIA's bizarre equipment omissions on US cars - most notably the lack of memory seats. Our 2016 was a SX - so one step down from top trim and had memory seats, as well as tri-zone AC, rear window shades and homelink - all missing from our top spec 2021 SX-Prestige X Line. Its also missing HUD, interior accent lighting, heated rear seats and a handful of other things available on cars in other markets. I also generally try to avoid buying in the first model year of a new design and this must be one of the first off the line in Georgia - hope I don't regret that.

However all up, its a huge step up over the prior model. The kids love the captain's chairs, the interior is a big step up, the ride is better and the powertrain much better (unless you are towing I guess). And, to my eyes anyway, it looks great.

sorrento.jpg

Sorento Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Went shopping for a Telluride 10 days ago to replace our 2016 Sorrento. Came home with this instead because:

A. It was available (it arrived at the dealer that morning).
B. The Sorrento is a better size for our needs.
C. The new 2.5T engine and DCT transmission are (thus far) awesome. Way more responsive than either the Telluride or the prior 3.3 V6
D. It was $6K less than the Telluride spec we would have wanted.

Only downside is some of KIA's bizarre equipment omissions on US cars - most notably the lack of memory seats. Our 2016 was a SX - so one step down from top trim and had memory seats, as well as tri-zone AC, rear window shades and homelink - all missing from our top spec 2021 SX-Prestige X Line. Its also missing HUD, interior accent lighting, heated rear seats and a handful of other things available on cars in other markets. I also generally try to avoid buying in the first model year of a new design and this must be one of the first off the line in Georgia - hope I don't regret that.

However all up, its a huge step up over the prior model. The kids love the captain's chairs, the interior is a big step up, the ride is better and the powertrain much better (unless you are towing I guess). And, to my eyes anyway, it looks great.

View attachment 3
It REALLY is so nice. Congratulations! The ONLY thing I really don't like is it can't be had with ventilated seats. I just don't get that. I suppose you have to step up to the Telluride for that. Otherwise, I could really deal with the other missing items. It's just such a good looking SUV...

68wooley

Reaction score
It REALLY is so nice. Congratulations! The ONLY thing I really don't like is it can't be had with ventilated seats. I just don't get that. I suppose you have to step up to the Telluride for that. Otherwise, I could really deal with the other missing items. It's just such a good looking SUV...
Front seats are both heated and ventilated.

68wooley

Reaction score
Really?! I am so happy to be misinformed! I didn't know that...
Yeah - the problem is the second row seats are neither heated or ventilated in the US, unlike Sorento's in other markets or Santa Fe's in the US. One of Kia US's strange equipment decisions.

Sorento Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah - the problem is the second row seats are neither heated or ventilated in the US, unlike Sorento's in other markets or Santa Fe's in the US. One of Kia US's strange equipment decisions.
I'm afraid to ask - but what about lane keep assist?

68wooley

Reaction score
I'm afraid to ask - but what about lane keep assist?
Its there - only thing missing from the driver assistance stuff is auto-parallel park which I believe is available overseas.

The driver assist stuff is a highlight - best I've tried this side of Tesla.

Sorento Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Its there - only thing missing from the driver assistance stuff is auto-parallel park which I believe is available overseas.

That's really impressive... I'm liking this vehicle more and more...

G

G-228134

Can we get an update, are you still happy with the Sorento?

Mills

Reaction score
I intend to tow with my sorento 2919 sxl 4wd v6, towing is rated at5000 lbs, but, hitchweightisonly 350 lbs,what’s with that?

Scott_Mac

Reaction score
Mainly that is with suspension, these are great vehicles but they don't have a truck's suspension capacity... but who knows, in 898 years when the 2919 Sorento comes out it might have beefier suspension or even a grav-lift assistance...

Sorry, I couldn't resist!