Wireless ApplePlay Randomly Disconnects

Welcome to the one and only Sorento forum!

Feel free to post as a guest. But we'd love it if you joined us!

2021Sorento

My 2021 Sorento has had an issue since I purchased it last month where the wireless Apple CarPlay would randomly disconnect. (Actually, the “projected” map would drop off and the disconnect message would pop up, but it wasn’t really disconnecting since the audio/bluetooth didn’t get disrupted). It was super annoying and unsafe as it was quite distracting to continuously have to reconnect to bring the map back up.
If any of you are having the same issue, just a heads up that Kia has finally released a software update to resolve this. You can schedule an appointment at your local dealer and they can update the software in about 15 mins. (Unfortunately they are not pushing the update over the air- it has to be done in person).
Hope this info is helpful to the group!

RR_1587

My 2021 Sorento has had an issue since I purchased it last month where the wireless Apple CarPlay would randomly disconnect. (Actually, the “projected” map would drop off and the disconnect message would pop up, but it wasn’t really disconnecting since the audio/bluetooth didn’t get disrupted). It was super annoying and unsafe as it was quite distracting to continuously have to reconnect to bring the map back up.
If any of you are having the same issue, just a heads up that Kia has finally released a software update to resolve this. You can schedule an appointment at your local dealer and they can update the software in about 15 mins. (Unfortunately they are not pushing the update over the air- it has to be done in person).
thanks for the heads up. i have been having this problem as well and it is really annoying. As a matter of fact, i'm not really a big fan of the wireless apple carplay. One of the most annoying features i find aside from the random disconnects is when we are listening to the radio and my wife uses her phone to browse social media and it automatically transfers to apple carplay.

1stKiaOwner

Mine is having the same issue plus it’s no longer recognizing devices when they’re plugged in. I took it in today for the update, unfortunately that didn’t fix the issue. I’m waiting to hear back from Kia to see if they will replace the entire radio. I’ve had the car for 6 weeks and it’s been in the shop for almost 3 weeks for a different issue. I can’t believe I’m having so many issues with a brand new vehicle!